About the Festival
Since 2012, Fresh Inc has helped performers, composers, and pre-formed ensembles to envision and launch their own authentic careers in music, rooted in adventurous genre-defying collaboration, entrepreneurial thinking, and meaningful partnerships with audiences and community.
During this 2-week intensive, you will:
- Participate in a comprehensive curriculum of workshops that foster experimental thinking and provide you with the entrepreneurial skills to sustain a fulfilling life in the arts
- Add professional headshots and performance videos to your artistic portfolio
- Premiere 24 new works of chamber music developed during the festival alongside established repertoire
- Design and present 11 performance experiences for audiences of all types throughout Chicago and Milwaukee side-by-side with Fifth House Ensemble
- Receive one-on-one mentorship and instruction with instrumental and composition faculty
- Become a part of Fresh Inc’s creative community, sustaining relationships with an active and evolving network of cultural change makers whose work continuously reinvents the role of the musician to bring about a connected world
June 2-16, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions
Tuition for the 2019 festival for composers, instrumentalists, and each member of participating ensembles is $2,000.
Tuition includes instruction, headshots, housing, and all meals for the duration of the festival provided by UW-Parkside.
All applicants are considered for merit-based scholarships as part of the application process. With the support of our sponsors below, we were able to award over $80,000 in scholarships last season.
This year, our Fresh Voices program offers dedicated scholarship support to participants who are female, artists of color, and/or LGBTQ-identified, to build leadership capacity, career advancement, and entrepreneurial skills among artists underrepresented in our field.
A non-refundable deposit of $500 is due by March 1, 2019, and can be submitted via Paypal here. This secures your place at the festival, and allows us to assign instrumentation to composers for works to be created for this summer’s performances.
Tuition balances are due on May 1, 2019, after which date all payments are non-refundable except in the case of a documented medical emergency.
Absolutely. After you confirm participation, you’ll have the option to select a single room and to request linens (small additional charges apply).
Yes – we’ll ask you to let us know of any allergies or dietary restrictions, and the dining staff at UW-Parkside will accommodate any needs and requests.
If you’re staying very locally, yes. With that said, the schedule is packed and staying on campus is a great way together to know the other participants, so we highly recommend joining us in residence!