Located midway between Chicago and Milwaukee, adjacent to Kenosha, Wisconsin, the University of Wisconsin-Parkside‘s campus is located on 700 acres with natural prairies and woodlands and just a mile from the Lake Michigan shoreline. UW-P is home to 5,300 students during the academic year.
This summer, it will be the home of the 2018 fesh inc festival. Training activities including workshops, lessons, and performances will take place at the The Rita Tallent Picken Regional Center for Arts and Humanities, which includes rehearsal spaces, classrooms, and individual practice rooms.
Parkside’s campus boasts:
- A 340 seat music recital hall, instructional studios for music, and expanded and upgraded general classrooms in the Rita Tallent Picken Regional Center for Arts and Humanities.
- The Anna Maria Williams Nature Trail, a self-guided walking tour through the campus with more than 100 marked trees including 67 species native to Wisconsin and 27 of the 50 state trees in the United States.
- An 18 hole professional disc golf course.
- A location situated within an hour’s drive of Chicago and Milwaukee.
- A newly remodeled Student Center featuring dining facilities and gathering & meeting places for students.
- Free wifi access in all buildings.
- Air conditioning in all facilities and housing.
- Basic facilities in each residence hall for a daily work out.
- Neighboring Petrifying Springs Park, located on 360 acres, which includes an 18 hole golf course, picnic areas & shelters, restrooms & playgrounds, softball diamonds, nature trails, and sand volleyball courts, as well as one of Wisconsin’s natural hardwood forests.
Click here for a virtual tour of Parkside’s campus.