fresh inc is a one-of-a-kind chamber music festival that redefines the training process for emerging musicians. Since 2012, we have helped performers and composers to envision and launch their own authentic careers in music, rooted in adventurous genre-defying collaboration, entrepreneurial thinking, and meaningful partnerships with audiences and community.
During this 2-week intensive, you will:
- Participate in a comprehensive curriculum of workshops that foster experimental thinking and provide you with the entrepreneurial skills to sustain a fulfilling life in the arts
- Premiere 16 new works of chamber music developed during the festival alongside established repertoire
- Design and present 11 performance experiences for audiences of all types throughout Chicago and Milwaukee side-by-side with Fifth House Ensemble
- Receive one-on-one mentorship and instruction with instrumental and composition faculty
- Become a part of fresh inc’s creative community, sustaining relationships with an active and evolving network of cultural change makers whose work continuously reinvents the role of the musician to bring about a connected world
fresh inc is led by Fifth House Ensemble, whose insatiable curiosity and collaborative spirit have guided 11 years of transformative cross-media and cross-genre performance experiences, heartfelt community-based work, arts-integrated educational programs, and emerging artist training. Our internationally recognized composition faculty includes Dan Visconti and Stacy Garrop, whose careers and landmark projects are defined by adventurous partnerships with artists, audiences, and communities alike.
Our alumni form lasting connections with each other, continuing to do great work together and with us for years after their participation in fresh inc. Fifth House Ensemble has been proud to work with many of our past participants professionally as arrangers, composers, performers, and collaborators. To see what our alums are working on, head to our fresh ventures page.