While much of your time spent at the festival will be spent writing, rehearsing, and playing music, there are plenty of other fun things to do in you free time! The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is set on 700 acres with natural prairies and woodlands, just a mile from the Lake Michigan shoreline. It has some wonderful facilities you can use to have some fun & recreation. Check out some of your options:
- You can play volleyball or basketball.
- You can take a walk, run, or hike along trails.
- You can head over to Lake Michigan to walk, run, or hang out on the beach.
- You can play disc golf on the disc golf course (discs not provided).
- And there is also an outdoor open field space where you can play games and sports such as tossing a Frisbee or throwing a baseball.
- Work out in the facilities in each residence hall.
- Take a self guided walking tour on the Anna Maria Williams Nature Trail through campus, which includes more than 100 marked trees, including 67 species native to Wisconsin and 27 of the 50 state trees in the United States.
- Visit the neighboring Petrifying Springs Park to: play golf, softball, or sand volleyball, have a picnic, or walk through the forest or on a nature trail.
- The nearby Pike Bike Trail, which allows you to tour the surrounding area on foot or bicycle. The scenic trail runs along the Lake Michigan shoreline, past two historic lighthouses, through three National Register Historic Districts, and more.